In March 2011, Groundviews launched Sri Lanka’s as well as South Asia’s first journalism app for Apple’s iOS platform. The Groundviews app works on the iPod Touch, iPad and is optimised for the iPhone 4’s Retina display. The app, offered free, allows a user to,
- Read all the latest updates to the site
- Read all the special editions, including the critically acclaimed End of War Special Edition
- Read all the sections on the site including the satirical Banyan News Reporters, the long-form journalism section and A-Z of Sri Lankan English
- Follow all updates made on our curated Twitter feed
- Search through content on the site
The app also allows users to quickly take a photo, write down the context and fire off an email to the Editors of Groundviews, enabling new forms of real time journalism that can help bear witness to challenging events and processes.
Featuring high-resolution graphics and optimised for the iPhone 4 at the time of launch, the app also allows for user customisation.
Download the app from Apple iTunes here.