It was with deep sadness that I learnt Shanthi Sachithanandan had passed away yesterday. In emails and face to face conversations spanning many years, I remember an individual who was, at her core, deeply committed to the work around empowering those at the margins to become their own agents of change, even in conditions of great austerity.
Groundviews has featured Shanthi’s work since 2008. As a tribute, links to her contributions and other relevant content are featured below, prefaced by an interview conducted five years ago that highlights, so vividly, who she was and what she believed in.
- The political need of the hour: Transformational approach to constitution making, 2014
- The Middle Managers of Ethnic Cleansing, 2013
- The story of the weeping widows, 2013
- Shanthi Sachithanandan on July 1983, 2008
- Prabakaran’s Role in Tamil National Struggle: Interview with Shanthi Sachithanandan, 2008